Home/Main Menu >>         Latest >>
Photograph by Carmel J Attard
Home/Main Menu >>  Search >> Mailing List >>  E-mail Vulcans in Camera >>
Vulcan Forum >>
Links >>         Guestbook >>

Avro Vulcan B1A XH502 of the Waddington Wing at RAF Luqa, Malta in October 1966. 502 was delivered as a B1 to No 617 Squadron at RAF Scampton in November 1958. In August 1961, 617's B1s and 1As were transferred to No 50 Squadron at RAF Waddington. 502 was converted to a B1A in 1962. Subsequently, the Waddington Vulcans were merged into the Waddington Wing. In January 1968, 502 was flown to the fire dump at Scampton. The nose was salvaged and used as an escape trainer at Waddington.

Copyright © Carmel J Attard

Submit Image >>

Home/Main Menu >>

Can you add anything?
 
Please help us identify the page by supplying the caption from the navigation menu and the file-name.  
Caption:
 
File:
 
Name:
 
E-mail:
 
   

Site © copyright Andy Leitch