Home/Main Menu >>         Latest >>
Photograph by Carmel J Attard
Home/Main Menu >>  Search >> Mailing List >>  E-mail Vulcans in Camera >>
Vulcan Forum >>
Links >>         Guestbook >>

Avro 707C WZ744 at RAF Finningley in September 1968. Assembled at Bracebridge Heath, 744 first flew from nearby RAF Waddington in July 1953. 707C 744 was the only two-seat member of the 707 family though four of these proposed dual-controlled trainers were originally ordered. 744 was not used as a trainer and was used for trials that were not connected with Vulcan development. Notwithstanding, the similarity between the ultimate 707 and the Vulcan is obvious. After being retired, 744 spent some time being stored at RAF Finningley, being rolled out for air displays. It now resides at the RAF Museum at RAF Cosford.

Copyright © Carmel J Attard

Submit Image >>

Home/Main Menu >>

Can you add anything?
 
Please help us identify the page by supplying the caption from the navigation menu and the file-name.  
Caption:
 
File:
 
Name:
 
E-mail:
 
   

Site © copyright Andy Leitch