Home/Main Menu >>         Latest >>
Photograph Crown Copyright
Home/Main Menu >>  Search >> Mailing List >>  E-mail Vulcans in Camera >>
Vulcan Forum >>
Links >>         Guestbook >>

Avro Vulcan B1 XH478 in refuelling trials with Vickers Valiant B(PR)K1 XE376 in 1958. 478 was delivered in March of 1958 and retained by the Ministry of Aviation for in-flight refuelling trials at Boscombe Down. 478 was converted to a B1A in 1962 and saw RAF service on the Waddington Wing. 478 was flown to RAF Akrotiri in Cyprus in March 1969 and used as an instructional airframe (8047M). The di-electric tailcone on 478 covers a tail-warning radar ARI 5800 'Orange Putter' that was also being tested by 478.

Via David Frith, QinetiQ. © Crown Copyright >>

Submit Image >>

Home/Main Menu >>

Can you add anything?
 
Please help us identify the page by supplying the caption from the navigation menu and the file-name.  
Caption:
 
File:
 
Name:
 
E-mail:
 
   

Site © copyright Andy Leitch